Tuesday 3 July 2012

30 days experiments

If you have been following my blog you might have noticed a bizarre pattern in my posting. OK’ lets face it. I’ve been silent for more than 6 months and suddenly there’s an almost endless burst of posts.
What’s up with that?
One of the session I had the luck to join at xp2012 was a group of lightening talks. it was lucky cause I drifted in towards its end and managed to catch the last couple of talks. The first one I already blogged: The Manager's Dilemma by Ola Sundin dealt about management role. this post is dedicated to the second one and that one actually triggered my burst of posts.

Making Change Stick in 30 Days

The session was given by Tom Kealy and was talking about doing small experiments in changing behavior. I’ll let the slides talk for themselves and would just add that the talk was based on Matt Cutts TED talk: Try something new for 30 Days
I really liked his talk and decided to give it a try and since I really felt bad about my posting silence I thought that would me my first challenge:
post something new each day for 30 days
and here is were I currently stands:
image
The 30 days are not over, but I’m quite happy with the result. This was certainly something I will remember for a very long time. I think that my next challenge would be:
Do a physical workout every work day for the next 30 days.
so what would be your personal challenge?

 

 

Update:

this is how it looked at the end of the 30 days. Apparently I did some mistakes in the previous image. good for me

image

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Walgreens Printable Coupons